s-i-g-h-s. I was suddenly being lugged back
into the emo phase of the post-Okinawa period.
I miss everything about Okinawa so much,
I even miss the insignificant items like the signboards.
I miss my Okasan's Obento.
I miss having to stuff myself with a piece of plain bread every morning
due to miscommunication with my Okasan on the very first morning.
I miss hearing everyone complaining about how sucky their houses were,
I miss how the ghastly pig smell made it's way into our nostrils..
I miss the boredom I felt during all their lessons (especially Japanese lessons),
I miss all the counting down to my home-sweet-home days.
I miss all the Viwawa-ing sessions in the LL room every morning,
I miss all the craziness in Family Mart after school daily.
I miss never failing to buy a bottle of plain water from Family Mart everyday.
I miss the Shake onigiri, I miss the Galbo chocolate, I miss the peach gummies,
I miss the extra large Hi-Chew sticks, I miss the chewing gums, all from Family Mart...
I miss the plane ride to Tokyo and the excess capacity plane ride to Okinawa.
I miss how I got to sit by the window seat and how I got to watch night fall.
I miss the butterflies-in-stomach feelings when we touched down in Okinawa.
I miss the worried and nervous feelings on the ride home with Azumi.
I miss the excitement on the very first morning as I was going to see my friends.
I miss bursting into the LL room with so much information to share.
I miss the very first introduction we made.
I miss going to Gushikami Junior High school.
I miss going to Okinawa War Memorial Park.
I miss going to Okinawa Lime stone cave.
I miss going to the Aquarium.
I miss how my feelings got developed for Okinawa,
I miss how miserable and emo-ish I felt on the very last day.
I miss how strong I tried to be, when I bid farewell to my Okasan.
I miss how much I cried, when I had to leave Koyo Senior High..
I miss how gloomy I felt, when I looked at the last Obento my Okasan made for me.
(it was an Onigiri, because Azumi told her my favourite Japanese food is Shake Onigiri)
I miss telling myself fiercely, I will return to that place.
...
Most of all, I miss feeling like Alice in "Alice in Wonderland",
where everything was so new and exciting in my eyes,
I felt like I was truly alive, for the first time in my 18 years on Earth.
s-i-g-h-s.
Oh, how much I miss Okinawa...
bring me back to those days, ONEGAI... D: